Wednesday, February 13, 2008

New Projects

I found a Scrolling LED message sign on eBay for $50.00. I've seen projects around the internet that describe building a "North Pole" out of painted PVC pipe. It sort of turns out looking like a red and green barber's pole. I've decided that I'm going to build something similar to mount my message sign on. Since I'm dedicating my display to Operation Christmas Child I'm including a flyer box on the pole also with brochures that have more info about the project.

I tried to do a voice over that welcomes folks and lays out a bit of "Christmas Light Viewing Etiquette" but it didn't sound very professional. So, I decided to hire it done. I found that a lot of folks on PlanetChristmas.com and the LOR forums recommend The Demented Elf for voice overs. I emailed him with my script (which was a modified version of Richard Holdman's script) and his prices are VERY reasonable. I'm excited to hear what he does.

I received a notice that the mega tree stars are back in stock at ChristmasLightShow.com so I ordered one. They include an instructional video for making the topper for a mega tree. It looks fairly simple so I may start on that within the week.

No comments: