Wednesday, January 9, 2008

After Christmas Sales!

So, I hit the last part of the Target 90% sale and found clear 100 light sets for 20¢ a piece so I bought enough to wrap 8 10ft. arches with 8 sections each.

I also hit the Hobby Lobby 80% sale. There's where I spent most of my money. I got 3 foot trees for $5 each. Multi-colored 100 light sets (for the 3 foot trees) for 60¢ each and a few other odds and ends.

I'm getting a little worried about the price of the Light-O-Rama stuff. I've already purchased the software and I've been playing around and I'm already up to a significant number of channels (more than a hundred). I'm not willing to pay the more than $300 for 16 channel controllers so I may have to learn to put them together myself.

I'm a little frustrated with the software. I expect it to do more that it will. I want layered effects (Fade-up and twinkle at the same time). If I decide I want to scale down a bit I want to be able to merge channels.

No comments: