Tuesday, January 22, 2008

In Full Swing

Most of my materials have arrived (except Light-O-Rama controllers, which I'll wait for the Spring sale before I order). I've been spending every spare moment working on the Merry Christmas sign. It's turning out OK. I think I'm going to like it. It's pretty time consuming though, making it up as I go... but learning in the process.

I've completed M E R on the Merry and a C on Christmas. I'm using the Planet Christmas rope light method to get power to my rope lights. It's easier than I thought it would be.

I haven't come up with a final song list yet but I'm thinking I'll probably edit the ones I choose down to be about 2 minutes long each. While watching all the vids of people's light shows I find myself getting a little bored if they're much longer than 2 minutes.

I know it's early... and I may change it as the year progresses but I recorded a Voice-Over track with a welcome message and some standard etiquette suggestions (park with your headlights off, keep your radio at a reasonable volume, don't block the neighbor's driveway, etc.) I've decided to dedicate the display to Operation Christmas Child and put out a box of flyers with info on how to get involved.

That's about it... I've taken the day off work today to take a break and go skiing. I haven't been in quite a long time but we've found cheap tickets for Tuesday and we're headed to the slopes.

No comments: