Thursday, January 17, 2008

Materials Starting To Arrive

The heat gun finally arrived a few days ago. It seems like Harbor Frieght takes their sweet time. Maybe it was the fact that they shipped through the USPS that slowed it down.

My arch prototype is finished. I used the method most people seem to be using. 3/4 inch shc. 40 PVC, 8 sections of 100 lights. Instead of taping leads to the outside of the PVC, I ran 7 lengths of SPT1 down the center of the pipe at about 13 inches apart. I had to use a little talc to get them to slide once I get all 7. I'll post a how to at some point.

I've decided to make a "Merry Christmas" sign out of rope light similar to the one discribed on the "Christmas In Kent" site. My 2 colors of rope light arrived from Action Lighting yesterday so I think I'll get started on that.

Feeling a little overwhelmed by the cost but hopefully it'll be worth it when it's all done.

No comments: